The new COVID-19 variant that was first detected in the United Kingdom in September 2020 is causing some concern. The corona virus strain is said to spread at a much faster rate and bigger magnitude. The Philippines is one of the countries to enforce restrictions for travelers that have been in the affected countries of the new COVID-19 strain. The Philippine government has extended the travel and quarantine restrictions below to January 31, 2021.
The Philippines implemented a travel restriction for the below countries in relation to the new COVID-19 strain. More countries may be added soon. Stay informed via SoldoutNight multichannel customer service.
- Hong Kong, SAR
- South Africa
- South Korea
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
- United States
Who are eligible to enter:
1. Filipino Nationals
2. Unaccompanied minor Filipino national (below 18 years old) traveling under repatriation programs of the government.
3. Local or accredited non-Filipino diplomats and international organizations are allowed to enter the Philippines.
4. Non-Filipino dignitaries are allowed to enter but they will have to observe existing testing and quarantine protocols upon arrival.
5. Those for medical and emergency cases, including their medical escort.
6. Foreign business travelers with special permission or travel ban exemptions.
Eligible Passenger Requirements:
1. All arriving passengers need to register an e-CIF through the Philippine Red Cross website.
2. OFWs does not need to register for the RT-PCR test
3. Health assessment upon arrival.
4. All passengers showing Covid-19 symptoms or originating from the countries listed above are required to undergo a 14-day stringent quarantine.
5. All passengers not showing symptoms of Covid-19 or originating from the countries not involved above are required to undergo mandatory quarantine.
6. Confirmed booking at a hotel accredited by the Department of Health.
What is the difference between Stringent and Mandatory quarantine?
Stringent Quarantine – Passengers showing Covid-19 symptoms or the country of origin is included on the list above need to undergo a 14-day quarantine at the accredited Hotel which can be found on this link.
Mandatory quarantine – Passengers that are not showing Covid-19 symptoms or the country of origin is not included on the list above. Mandatory quarantine would usually take 2-3 nights at the accredited hotel until the negative PCR test result is available. The passenger can check out of the hotel and complete the 14-day quarantine at home.
1. RT-PCR test and 14-day stringent quarantine accommodation are free for OFWs originating from the countries listed above.
2. Non-OFWs and eligible non-Filipinos need to pay for their RT-PCR test which cost Php 4,000. It can be paid in cash PHP orUSD, card, GCash, PayPal™, WeChat Pay, or Alipay. ATMs are also available inside the terminal.
3. Non-OFWs and eligible non-Filipinos originating from the countries listed above will be assigned to a quarantine facility provided by the Philippine government but it is subject to availability of accommodation.
4. If Non-OFWs and eligible non-Filipinos does not want to stay at the assigned quarantine facility, they can book an accredited hotel instead at their own expense to undergo a 14-day stringent quarantine.
5. In the event that the quarantine facility designated by the Philippine government is in full capacity, non-OFWs and eligible non-Filipinos must shoulder their own accommodation in one of the accredited hotels for the 14-day stringent quarantine.
6. List of accredited Hotels are subject to change. Always contact SoldoutNight customer support for information regarding accredited quarantine facilities. SoldoutNight will be able to offer best available rates.