The Philippine government announced stricter covid-19 related measures which started March 22, 2021 and are continuing to evolve. This means that the greater NCR, National Capital Region, will be placed under GCQ, General Community Quarantine, to battle the increasing number of Covid-19 cases.
The following will be placed under GCQ starting from March 22 to April 4
- Metro Manila
Who is now allowed to travel within NCR Plus?
The government will only allow essential travel in and out of these areas such as:
- Health and emergency frontline services personnel
- Government officials
- Government frontline personnel
- Authorized humanitarian assistance actors
- Crossing zones for work or business travel
Are there any changes for international travel?
Since March 22, Filipinos and eligible foreigners will be subject to the arrival quota of only 1,500 international arrivals per day, as set by the Department of Transportation.
Who is eligible to enter the Philippines?
1. All Filipino citizens whether returning Overseas Filipino or Overseas Filipino Worker shall be allowed to return to the Philippines.
2. The entry of foreign nationals shall be temporarily suspended, except for the following:
- Diplomats and members of international organizations and their dependents who hold a 9(c) or 47(a)(2) visa at the time of entry;
- Foreign nationals involved in medical repatriation;
- Foreign seafarers under the “Green Lanes” program for crew change;
- Foreign spouses and children of Filipino citizens with valid visas; and
- Emergency, humanitarian and other analogous cases approved by the NTF chairperson.
There is still no official published process on how to be included on the set quota. Contact SoldoutNight support to know the latest travel restrictions.